As a British Cycling affiliated club I’m pleased to advise that for the third successive year we have been invited to apply for team places for the brilliant Prudential Ride London – Surrey 100.
So based on previous years when the organisers have accepted a bigger percentage of female than male applications for the individual balloted places, I have requested two all male teams and one mixed team. Thinking it unlikely we can field an all female team, but to balance that I have said that if we are only offered one team place, then it will be a mixed team (2 Females and 2 Males).
This year British Cycling have decided to offer places based on the percentage of those who have joined BC as individual members. That is fair enough but we might be disadvantaged as most clubs make joining BC a mandatory requirement, whatever we will be advised on 24th March.
Now for the crux of it: if you want to be considered please let me know via firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd March stating whether you want to be in a Male or Mixed team. This is important and will help if we have more volunteers than places and need to hold a ballot. Save’s this from being an even more complicated task!
Before putting your name forward please note:
- anyone can put themselves forward but priority will be given to those who has led a club ride, a ballott may be necessary
- A team comprises four riders
- Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member
- Teams can comprise four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women
- Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
- Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
- The event takes place Sunday 30 July 2017
- You will need to arrange and pay for travel and accommodation
- Pay your own entry fee of £68:00 before the deadline or loose the whole teams place! (I will advise that deadline after 24th March when it is announced
- you will only put yourself forward if you are definitely going to ride, once I give names to BC they will not allow any changes
Please note this is a team event and separate from the individual event that many of our members have already entered. As such we expect all 4 team members to actually ride as a team and agree to meet for the start and help each other round the whole ride. If that is not your thing sorry but you need not apply
So to summarise: If you want to be considered read the bullet points and send that email by 23rd March.
Meanwhile fingers crossed for being offered three team places and enough of our members wanting to take them.