A little later than traditional (to avoid the holiday season really!) it’s YOGi AGM time. And the confirmation of another year of our existence as an affiliated club, our 6th in fact. Once again the venue is St Paul’s Church Hall in Yelverton.
All rides will start and end in the gravel car park by the village hall. If you arrive by car we advise parking on Yelverton Old Airfield (across the A386). Anyone who rides and wants to bring some spare clothes will find plenty of car space in which to leave their bags (at own risk I might add!). Talking of risk it might be worth bringing a bike lock as there is no real secure bike parking!
We will as ever appreciate ride leaders coming forward for our usual road rides, though please be aware of the need to meet our timings and to start/finish in Yelverton, we don’t want anyone looking baffled in Coypool :).
Road Rides Depart 09:30
MTB Ride(s) Depart 10:00
Rides will end back at the Village Hall by 13:00, where we will be able to tuck in to sandwiches and cakes washed down by coffee/tea (we are athletes so no alcohol and BBQ’s :), all made for us by Mary (Ian’s Ma) and her merry band of helpers from the ELM Centre. Many thanks to those ladies for volunteering.
As ever will be great to see family members but please note that other than eating cake, there isn’t anything specifically planned to appeal to the very young. There will be time for social chit chat and when the time feels right we will hold the formalities of the AGM. As is our custom this will be short and sweet in terms of the formal content leaving time for the fun stuff where we present our annual awards.
Full Agenda below:-
- Call to Order and Thanks for Attending – Steve C
- Annual Report – Summary of Key Moments/Achievements – Alex/Lynda
- Year end Financial Account Status – Claire
- Short talk by a member of The Dartmoor Rescue Team (our supported charity)
- Announce Name(s) of any 2016-2017 Rolling Committee Members and thank Mark Reed for his years service – Steve C
- Awards ceremony (a mix of MTB and Road awards some serious and some not so!) Steve M/Alex/Lynda
We expect a natural end around 15:30 and look forward to seeing a good number of you there.