After last years lack of opportunity (some confusing comms you may recall), this year we have been given the heads up again to apply for team places so I have requested the usual 3 team places. One all male, one all female and one mixed (at least one male/female I believe this time round).
I have stated that if we are only offered one team place, then it will be a mixed team.
Now for the crux of it: if you want to be considered please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com by 24th March stating whether you want to be in a Male or Mixed team. This is important and will help if we have more volunteers than places and need to hold a ballot. Save’s this from being an even more complicated task!
Before putting your name forward please note:
- anyone can put themselves forward but priority will be given to those who have led a club ride, a ballott may be necessary
- A team comprises four riders
- Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member
- Teams can comprise four men or four women or a mixed team
- Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
- Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
- The event takes place Sunday 16th August
- You will need to arrange and pay for travel and accommodation
- Pay your own entry fee of £68:00 before the deadline or loose the whole teams place! (I will advise that deadline after 24th March when it is announced
- you will only put yourself forward if you are definitely going to ride, once I give names to BC they will not allow any changes
Please note this is a team event and separate from the individual event that many of our members have already entered. As such we expect all 4 team members to actually ride as a team and agree to meet for the start and help each other round the whole ride. If that is not your thing sorry but you need not apply
So to summarise: If you want to be considered and meet the requirements in the bullet points send that email by 24th March.
Meanwhile fingers crossed for being offered three team places and enough of our members wanting to take them.