Here’s another chance to ride one of the “kindest” century rides in the area and a great confidence booster for any of you riding your first 100 mile Dartmoor Classic (at the end of the month!!).
On this bank holiday Monday we’ll be riding the YOGi Teignmouth Century. Most of the climbing is finished within the first half with the remaining roads being mainly rolling. Lunch will be at Teignmouth where we generally buy provisions from the nearby shops and picnic on the grass. When we finally rise from our slumber (and straighten our stiffened legs) there will only be another 35 miles to ride.
The average pace will be around 14mph, ridden as a group, with no one being dropped. For those of you who wish to join us but not ride the full route, there are several cut off points marked on the route below.
Meet at B&Q, Coypool at 09:00.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist