After visiting some good friends of mine in the great plains of Essex, taking them for a burn and telling them all about our great club they felt compelled to join the Yogis. I thought you might like to hear the story of Vinnie and Ben Brown – the Essex Breakaway YOGi team:
1. All dressed and ready to go “Come on son let’s kill it”
2. But first the boys check that their planned route is absolutely billiard table level.
3. They’re off, and immediately Ben is drafting the fat lad in front.
4. Oh hell – I think the spirit level was broken. This killer of a hill must be pushing 3%, dig deep son.
5. After another 6 km we’re nearly at the top, still attacking, what spirit these flatlanders have.
6. Er!! I just don’t think we’re ready for hills yet. Fancy a pint instead.
Dartmoor can wait.
Hopefully someday soon Vinnie and Ben will be visiting Plymouth and we’ll show them the meaning of the word hill.