‘14’ riders we are heading North this weekend! Roadford Reservoir is the destination, and the cafe stop! Total distance is going to be just over 60 miles, we start in our normal spot, then over via Cadover to Yelverton where we can pick up those who need a lay in, we will be leaving there at 10:15. After that it’s Whitchurch to Batterbridge and then a short stretch towards Tavistock before turning right up towards Brent Tor, cutting across to the West we’ll then head down that lovely descent into Chillaton and then North over the A30 and onto the reservoir for a cafe stop.
Back tracking after the stop we’ll pick up the old A30 into Lifton before turning South and the long climb out. We’ll pick up the fast route down to Gulworthy and over towards Bere Alston and then diving down to Denham bridge and the easy (?) climb out and up to Roborough Down. There after it’s a short trip into town and back to our start.
It’s a great route and one we don’t do too often so a bit of a change for most. We will be back between 2 and 3 depending on wind, rain, motivation and how warm the cafe is when we get there!!!
Route is here for those who’d like to take a look 🙂
Oh….and I’ll be leading the ride with the assistance of some unaware and yet to be named helpers!Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist