Well sorry all but once again we have no ride leader volunteer this week. So we revert to our usual contingency of turning up and mutually agree a route and jointly ensure the ride is controlled according to our rides ethos, hence ensuring a safe and enjoyable day by all.
The weather forecast is a little conflicting but it seems there may be a strong and gusty wind as well as rain (we’ll call then April Showers which sounds kinda better!!), so be prepared for tricky riding conditions.
We are struggling for ride leaders at the moment so any suggestions as to how we address this welcome. Innovative thinking encouraged by the way! Please send any suggestions to my home e-mail which you should already have or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Leaving no litter anywhere
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist
- As our club rides are for enjoyment and fitness and not race training, we will cancel road rides if we believe weather conditions increase the risk of accidents. We will give as much notice as possible but it may well be at very short notice, so watch this ‘News’ page whenever the weather is particularly inclement
- So others do not have to spend time waiting around everyone will arrive ready for a timely depart
- All individuals on our rides accept responsibility for their own safety and ensure they ride in a manner that does not deliberately put others at risk