Well from having two leaders and two separate rides over the previous two weeks this Saturday we have no volunteers, so unless one or two of you jump into the role by commenting and posting the route(s) in comments below it will be a case of reverting to the usual self-help contingency. Though if I decide to ride rather than continue decorating and no one else comes forward then I will happily lead one of the rides myself and it will be the SE Cornwall clockwise version.
So if any of the above fail, turn up as usual and mutually agree route or if on the day once again two volunteer leaders come forward then two route options. Whatever the outcome please help share the job of ensuring the group(s) ride safely and at the right pace.
The usual note: This is our slowest Saturday ride so if you are unsure of your ability to ride at a 12 mph average speed then in fairness to everyone else, please try one of our evening ’10’ road rides first and we will help gauge your capability.Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist