After last week’s cancelled rides due to the weather, Steve Sendall has very kindly offered (again) to take the Saturday ’12’. Fingers crossed there is no repeat of the flooding!
He plans the following route for you all:
‘A gentle easy route out to Buckfast Abbey via Ivybridge, South Brent, Buckfast Abbey and the reverse route back. However those up for a longer route can go to Holne, Hexworthy, Princetown and enjoy the fast descent back to B&Q.’
B&Q to Buckfast Abbey and back to B&Q – 39.5 miles
B&Q to Buckfast Abbey then on to Holne, Hexworthy, Princetown, Yelverton and back to B&Q – 49.2 miles
Here is the complete route (the shorter route will turn back at Buckfastleigh):
Please note that this ride will be at 12mph and no faster. If you wish to ride at a faster pace please join the Saturday ’14’.
Meet as usual folks – 9am B&Q Coypool Car Park at the far end.
Remember to respect the ride leader and have a great ride! 🙂 Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist