This weeks ride will once again be led by YOGi stalwart Ski. Please be ready to support him in ensuring a safe and enjoyable ride for everyone.
The route is:-
Yelverton – Tavistock – (cafe stop) – Pork Hill – Merryvale – Princetown (a second cafe stop) Yelverton – back to Coypool.
Those who are experienced riders please be ready to help instil good riding techniques to those who are less aware or are quite new to our rides.
All will be expected to be familiar with our Rides Ethos (below) and ride in accordance with our group riding guide https://yogicycling.com/yogi-info/road-ride-etiquette/
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Leaving no litter anywhere
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist
- As our club rides are for enjoyment and fitness and not race training, we will cancel road rides if we believe weather conditions increase the risk of accidents. We will give as much notice as possible but it may well be at very short notice, so watch this ‘News’ page whenever the weather is particularly inclement
- So others do not have to spend time waiting around everyone will arrive ready for a timely depart
- All individuals on our rides accept responsibility for their own safety and ensure they ride in a manner that does not deliberately put others at risk