Jon (Keable) has volunteered to lead this weeks ride and as many of our club members will be avoiding being eaten by Lions at Longleat this weekend it might be that the ’14’ ride will combine with this but we will see how things pan out on the morning.
Jons route is:-
Coypool – Torpoint Ferry – Tregantle – Downderry – Seaton (cafe stop) – Hessenford – Torpoint Ferry – Home.
Please all do your bit to help Jon and any co leaders welcome hence making it more likely the group stays together, rides safely and in accordance with our rides Ethos below this article. This is our slowest Saturday ride and though we do not deliberately leave anyone behind in fairness to the group please be sure you can maintain the stated average speed before joining this weekly ride.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Leaving no litter anywhere
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist
- As our club rides are for enjoyment and fitness and not race training, we will cancel road rides if we believe weather conditions increase the risk of accidents. We will give as much notice as possible but it may well be at very short notice, so watch this ‘News’ page whenever the weather is particularly inclement
- So others do not have to spend time waiting around everyone will arrive ready for a timely depart
- All individuals on our rides accept responsibility for their own safety and ensure they ride in a manner that does not deliberately put others at risk