This week the ’12’ will be led by that guy from Texas……….no not that one……. Ray Cooke who has just returned from there having heard stories about a training technique that enables miraculous improvements. Oh and he will be ably assisted by James Grozier who assures me this will be a ’12’ average speed ride as unfortunately for Ray the Texas trip didn’t quite live up to his expectations and in fact has reduced his fitness. Still he had a great holiday. And he might well have finally brought the sunshine with him.
Plympton – Ivybridge – Wrangaton – California Cross – Slapton Sands and return
Please follow our rides ethos and group riding techniques and do your bit to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable day out on the bike.Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist