Here’s something a little different! Two route choices proposed and led by Ski. His plan is that he will ask for a show of hands in the morning for which of the two routes is preferred by the majority. Start canvassing your riding buddies now!!
Though if any of our other regular leaders (or better still a new volunteer?) is happy to lead one of them, then both can be used. If you want to volunteer then please say so in comments below, that way Ski is aware etc.
So the two choices are:- Saltash – Callington – Gunnislake – Tavistock (cafe stop) – Yelverton – Coypool
Yelverton – Tavistock (cafe stop number 1) – Pork Hill – Merryvale – Princetown (cafe stop number 2) – Yelverton – Coypool.
As a reminder the ’12’ rides are our slowest Saturday option(s) and we expect everyone to help keep the pace at this level. That way everyone who rides knows what to expect and can be sure they will be able to stay with the group. If you are new to our rides and unsure you can maintain this speed, then in fairness to everyone else please first try one of our evening ’10’s so we can help you gauge your level.
Everyone is expected to ensure they ride in accordance with our group riding guidelines and ‘Rides Ethos’ (both available on this ‘News Page’) hence doing everything possible to ensure a safe and enjoyable ride for everyone whilst ensuring other road users are properly respected.Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist