This weeks ride will be led by Sam Clifford who suggests this ride will be a good ‘warmer-upper ‘for those training for the Dartmoor Classic. Not that that will exclude those who didn’t manage/want to enter that event. Despite the fact we are now officially in Spring time not quite sure ‘warmer-upper’ will pass the Trade Descriptions Act, so best be prepared for a bit of a character building day on a bike!
The route is:-
B&Q – Yelverton – Princetown – Dartmeet – Coffinstone – Newbridge – Ashburton – Buckfastleigh returning via Dean Prior.
Sam emphasises it will be a definite ’12’ pace and this route provides 50 tough miles so please do expect to be out for longer than normal. There are one or two shorter escape options so a pre ride discussion with Sam would be sensible should anyone be happy to lead a split off group home.
This is our slowest Saturday ride so in fairness to everyone else, only join this ride if you are sure of your ability to maintain an average speed of 12 mph.
Do help Sam to keep the group together , ride according to our rides ethos below and help ensure a safe and enjoyable ride for all.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Leaving no litter anywhere
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist
- As our club rides are for enjoyment and fitness and not race training, we will cancel road rides if we believe weather conditions increase the risk of accidents. We will give as much notice as possible but it may well be at very short notice, so watch this ‘News’ page whenever the weather is particularly inclement
- So others do not have to spend time waiting around everyone will arrive ready for a timely depart
- All individuals on our rides accept responsibility for their own safety and ensure they ride in a manner that does not deliberately put others at risk