This week’s ride will be led by another one of our regular volunteers Steve (Sendall), who has reiterated the need to help him keep to the right schedule of, yes you’ve got it, ‘12’ miles per hour average.
Plympton – Deuz Alps – Cadover- Lap of Burrator – Yelverton – Milton Coombe (fastest descent we know of!) – Lop Well Dam (café stop here at the Pump House Café ) – Roborough Roundabout – Return to Coypool (short option of approx 25 miles).
Roborough Roundabout – Bickleigh – Shaugh Prior – Back down Deuz Alps – Plympton – Coypool (longer route of 37 miles).
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1762162 Full details here!
Please be aware this is our slowest Saturday ride but it is only fair to be able to maintain this pace, so others enjoy a ride at the level they are expecting, if you are unsure of being able to keep up, best try a Wed ’10′ first and we will help gauge your level. If it’s too slow stick with it and move up to a faster option the following ride.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist