Steve is still on holiday this week and, as he had received no volunteers for this week, thought it sensible to do the usual when no volunteers!
That is turn up on the morning and mutually agree a route and everyone do their bit to ensure the group rides together and safely.
However if you want to volunteer to lead then please comment below stating the route. If more than one volunteer comes forward and offer two options, please make it clear below and brief everyone pre ride.
As a reminder the ’12′ is our slowest Saturday road ride and everyone is expected to ride accordingly!Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist