Unless you want to drive out to Princetown and join Sam’s possible ride (see details under comments under ‘This Weeks Rides’ sticky post) then once again it is a case of turning up as usual at B&Q and jointly agreeing a route and helping each other to ensure a safe and enjoyable controlled ride for all.
If anyone wants to volunteer even at this late stage then please do comment below and provide your suggested route.
As a reminder this is our slowest Saturday ride so in fairness to everyone else if you are unsure of your ability to maintain an average pace of 12 mph please first use one of our evening ’10’s to gauge your fitness.Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist