This week’s ride will be led by Steve Preston, thanks for volunteering Steve.
Route is Tamar Bridge – Hatt – St Germans – Seaton (cafe stop here) – Tregantle Fort
then you choose either the shorter option of – Anthony -Torpoint – Home
the longer option, Whitsand Bay – Rame Peninsular – Cawsand – Millbrook – St John – Torpoint – Home
As a reminder the Av speed will be very near 12 mph and is aimed at those who are quite new to group riding but are fairly bike fit and also those who simply want to ride at a pace they find more comfortable than our other rides. If you are on this ride and find it is too slow for you stick with it but try one of the other Saturday rides in future.
This is our slowest Saturday ride and though we will not leave anyone behind (well not deliberately anyway!!), to be fair to everyone else please ensure you are comfortable with this stated pace. What if you are not sure?; Well we recommend trying the Wed ’10’ and if that is easily comfortable for you then with a little commitment you should be fine on this ride too.
A note to all riders:
Please respect the leader and ride responsibly in a predictable manner.
For road rides please have a look here https://yogicycling.com/?page_id=55
And also this is worth a read http://michaelbarry.ca/2011/11/the-group-ride-2/Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist