This weeks ride will be heading across to Cornwall, so those who would like to meet us at the bridge please be ready for a 9:45 depart from there…if we are early we will wait un till 9:45 before crossing the Tamar! 🙂
Once in to Cornwall we’ll head up towards Pilaton and then the back roads up to Callington, from there it’s a due East track on the main road across to Gunnislake and the steady climb out and over to Tavistock where we will crowd into Bob’s :-).
For those heading to the YOGi bonfire night then the route back will be direct via Walkhampton, this will be self led and allow you to get back in good time.
For those who wish to remain out for a longer ride then I will take a straw poll when we are at Bob’s and go with the majority, choice will be up the old favourite of Pork and Merrivale before the fast road back to Plymouth, or, back into Cornwall via Gunnislake, then across to Callington and back down the main road into Saltash before heading back to Plymouth via the bridge.
Usual YOGi rules apply, it’s a group ride and we try and keep a steady pace going, if you feel you will struggle on this ride with the climbs etc then the 12 may be better for you, on the other hand if you feel it will frustrate you at times having to hold back, then the 16 is a good ride to head for 🙂
Weather forecast is for sun and showers, perfect YOGi weather!! 🙂
See you all on SaturdayOur Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist