This week’s ride is going to be led by Russ Parkin again – thanks Russ 🙂 And I hear rumours that Ross Wildman will be assisting him. 😉
Russ is planning on taking you all for a trip over yonder to Cornwall via the Torpoint ferry. From there you’ll head for Millbrook, Edgecombe, Cawsands, Kingsands, Freathy (where you will have your cafe stop), Crafthole, Downderry and Seaton. From Seaton you’ll climb Looe Hill and head for Hessenford, Polbathic, Anthony and back to Torpoint and home.
Approx distance is around 50 miles (to be confirmed as I happen to be hopeless with estimates of distance) and I have been reliably informed that there will be no pink trees on this route.
As usual meet 9am B&Q Coypool for more fun on the bike! Can you please ensure you meet at the new area at the far end car park.
A usual word of remembering you are riding under the YOGi banner. So please be mindful of your club, maintaining the highway code, our ethos and respecting your ride leaders at all times. Thanking you all kindly for your understanding.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist