On account of the Lionheart Sportive that is taking place this weekend and the big take up by our club members, this weeks ’14’ might join up with the ’12’. We will make that decision on the morning but if anyone is keen to lead this ride regardless of numbers by all means come forward and say so in the ‘Comments’ below and include your chosen route.
Should this ride take pace then please adhere to our rides ethos below and all help ensure a safe and enjoyable ride for all.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Leaving no litter anywhere
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist
- As our club rides are for enjoyment and fitness and not race training, we will cancel road rides if we believe weather conditions increase the risk of accidents. We will give as much notice as possible but it may well be at very short notice, so watch this ‘News’ page whenever the weather is particularly inclement
- So others do not have to spend time waiting around everyone will arrive ready for a timely depart
- All individuals on our rides accept responsibility for their own safety and ensure they ride in a manner that does not deliberately put others at risk