Usual meeting time of 9am at B&Q Plympton. Ride leader Kim Wiltshire.
A straight forward route for the ’14’ this week. We’ll head into Plymouth City Centre and aim to be at the Torpoint Ferry for 9.45am.
Once into Torpoint we’ll do the loop of St. John’s, Millbrook, Mount Edgecombe, Kingsand, Cawsand and Rame Head. The idea is to do this first as most of us miss this out when it’s tacked onto the end of a ride.
From Rame Head we head west down the Cornish coast before stopping at Seaton for our well earned cafe stop.
From the cafe we head up the river valley and cross the A387 to continue up the valley (this is different from the map) before turning east and eventually we’ll join the A374 just below the Trerulefoot Roundabout.
It’s a super rolling fast ride back along the 379 to Torpoint; it would be great if we can form into small groups along here and work together as teams – no one should be riding on their own.
Total distance should be around 50 miles with the cafe stop at 27 miles. Approximate route is here. I look forward to seeing you all.Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist