Well after last weeks awful weather, let us try again! So here we go!
Graham Lang is going to lead the Saturday 14 this week and you are off to Slapton, with the option of a shorter route if you do not wish to go the whole distance. Details are below:
This Saturday’s route is an approx distance of 65 miles with a 50 mile option, if you wish to cut off.
The group will head out from B&Q via the Ridgeway, Lee Mill, Ivybridge and Wrangaton towards California Cross. Here we take a left and climb from Gara Bridge to Morleigh.
At the main road (A381) we will see if anyone wants to do the shorter route:
And for those doing the full route:
The shorter route will continue along the A381 towards Loddiswell where you can call in at the Avon Mill cafe. After tea and cake you can continue up into the village and then straight on to California Cross, the Erm Valley to Ermington, Ivybridge and back to Plympton.
The longer route will take a left turn off the A381 and take some scenic backroads to join the Kingsbridge/Dartmouth road, stopping at the Boat House cafe at Torcross and then back to Plymouth via Strete, Blackawton, Morleigh, Marley Head, South Brent and Ivybridge.
Please remember to respect the pace of this ride and remember that this is a group ride. You may like to take a look at this link in regard to what is expected when riding as part of a group.
Meet as usual folks – 9am, B&Q Carpark Coypool for more fun on the bike! 😀Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist