This week Russ Parkin will be leading the ride and Neil McMillan will be assisting.
So the all important route then (or should that say cafe stop?) 😉
Obviously you’ll start at the usual place of B&Q Coypool. From there you will be heading through Plympton, up past Newnham and onto Cornwood. From here you will climb Dragon Hill and head for Wotter, Cadover and Sheeps Tor. A lap of Burrator and on to Princetown for your cafe stop at the Fox Tor :lol:. The option then is either turn and head for home if you’ve had enough or head for the descents of Merrivale and Pork Hill :). From Tavistock it is home via Yelverton and the George.
Approx distance for the full route is around 50-55 miles.
Please remember that this ride is aimed for those of around 14 pace. Do not half wheel or pull the group and remember that we expect you to obey the highway code at all times when you fly the YOGi banner. Please respect and listen to your group leaders at all times too. If you are unsure about group riding check our the riding etiquette post which is located underneath of YOGi Info. Have fun YOGi’s!
Meet usual time 9am B&Q Coypool for more fun on the bike! 🙂
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist