At last it looks like summer has finally arrived this weekend, a great day to head to Salcombe for a ride.
The ride will start from B&Q carpark, Plympton, at 09:00am and we’ll start by making our way via Plympton and Ivybridge to Wrangaton, here we turn right to California Cross before peeling off towards Loddiswell and onto Salcombe. In Salcombe will find ourselves a café, hopefully with an estuary view. On the way back, after the climb out of Salcombe, it’s back via Modbury before turning off to take the Ermington road back to Ivybridge. Here’s a chance for those after a shorter ride to head home (50 miles) and for anyone wanting to go on, we climb up onto the Moor past Cadover and Burrator before heading home across the Roborough Downs. Ride distance 68 miles.
Approximate (long) route:
Ian RobertsOur Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist