Darren Fisher has kindly volunteered to lead this Saturday’s ride and has come up with a new cafe stop and a great route. I for one am looking forward to it. Here is his route:
From Plympton we will head to Yelverton via Elfordleigh and Cadover bridge. From Yelverton we have a steady climb up to Princetown then onto Two Bridges.
From Two Bridges it’s the Dartmoor classic route to Moretonhampstead, then onto Bovey Tracey. Next we head for Haytor and our café stop at the Dandelion Café.
Following our coffee and cake it’s a great decent with fantastic views to Widecombe. After cycling through Widecombe we head homeward pass Belliver forest.
We retrace our route from the Belliver turning back to Yelverton via Princetown. We return to Plympton across Roborough down and Leighham.
Distance 67.7 Miles Elevation 6000ft
Jim Scott has also kindly volunteered to lead a ride a month and his dates are the 20th Oct , 10 Nov and 8th December and then 19th Jan, 16th Feb.
Anybody else wishing to lead a 16 ride is more than welcome and from my point of view the more the merrier.
If that is you please email your preferred date to email@example.com
Cheers RobOur Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist