From our usual start (09:00 B&Q Plympton) we will ride to Moretonhampstead where we will take a cafe stop. The route is out to Yelverton, through Princetown and Postbridge and on to Moretonhampstead covering around 30 miles. Our return journey will avoid climbing over the moor for the second time and instead take the easier (downhill) valley road down to Bovey Tracey. Then it is the cycle route back, through Ashburton and home. Estimated 70 miles
Rob BarnesOur Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist