I’ve been planning a ride into Cornwall for some time now and wanted to ride it this w/e but due to the weather I have planned a “local 60” instead. On this ride we are never that far from Plymouth thus providing choices to cut it short if anyone or all of us wish. Who knows what the weather will bring !
From our usual start place (B&Q carpark, Plympton 09:00) we ride to Cornwood, then over to Cadover Bridge, Sheeps Tor, a loop round Burrator then on to Horrabridge. We then take the climb over to the foot of Pork Hill. From here it is a loop through Mary Tavy to our Cafe stop at Bob’s in Tavistock. We then ride to Yelverton, back to Cadover, on to Ivybridge , and then home. Estimated 62 , miles 1800m of climbing.
Here is the route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1830852Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist