Rob Barnes has kindly volunteered to lead this week’s 16 ride for anyone not attending the special ToB club ride at Barnstaple. Rob’s route is as follows:
This weeks 16 is about 50 miles and will be led at steady pace and there is little climbing , so it will be a relatively easy ride. We did the same ride on 9th of Feb so some of you might remember it and this ride will have a similar feel. There is no cafe stop because it is such a short ride and means we get home nice and early.
From B@Q, 9 am, we ride out to Elburton, over to Ivybridge, then on to Burrator via Harford and Sheeps Tor. After an extra lap or two of Burrator it is home via Yelverton.
Rob BarnesOur Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist