This week I thought we could take advantage of the good weather forecast and head out to Okehampton.
The ride plan is a long steady one (good sportive training). From our usual starting place and time (B&Q at 9:00am) we head out to Yelverton via Lee Moor then onto Tavistock via Whitchurch. From Tavy we pass Chillaton, Lewdown, Sourton Down and onto Okehampton. From Okehampton we cut through a housing estate to find ourselves quickly on Dartmoor. We pass Sticklepath before stopping at our Café stop at Chagford. After the Café stop we head for Postbridge.
If anyone is flagging at this point (mile 60) they can head straight home via Princetown. From Postbridge we head for Ashburton, then South Brent, Ivybridge, Cornwood, then back to Plympton.
92 Miles 9000 Feet.
Hope to see you there.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist