All the YOGi rides this Saturday are cancelled due to bad weather, if you do decide to go out it is at your own risk, will not be lead and will not be covered by our insurance. That’s the science bit, personally, you must be a nutter to go out in this tempest, now what do normal people do on a Saturday, ohhhh! What time does Swap Shop start?
The “16” Ride will be taking on the mighty Poundsgate this week, if you get your kicks from climbing – this ride is for you, better leave the fixies at home for this one.
From our usual start point at B&Q car park, Plympton at 09:00 we will make our way out towards Ashburton via Plympton and Ivybridge. From here we will start to climb our way up Holne but instead of turning left for Hexworthy we will carry straight on and up Poundsgate to the top of Dartmeet. Straight across here, past Belliver Forest and on to Postbridge. We won’t head home before a coffee stop at the Foxtor Café in Princetown, a late stop this week so bring some carbs to get you this far……… ride distance 65 miles.
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist