Right then, we’ll try again. After the winds of last Sunday cut this ride short (very short), this Sunday, if the weather allows, we will be attempting this Dartmouth route again. This will be a sociable group ride ridden at a mutually agreed pace (no one will be dropped).
We will meet at 10:00 at B&Q Coypool and follow the normal YOGi route via Lee Mill, Ivybridge, California Cross, and Gara Bridge to Dartmouth. At Dartmouth we will turn back along the coast via Blackpool Sands, Slapton and Kingsbridge and then inland through Loddiswell, California Cross (again), Ermington, Ivybridge, Lee Mill and home again!
The distance will be approximately 68 miles and there is a choice of cafe stops (Blackpool Sands, Slapton, Loddiswell).
If you don’t fancy the full route, you can break off at California Cross and head for the cafe at Kitley (Riverford Farm Shop) or Loddiswell (Avon Mill Cafe).
Here is the approximate full route:
Please note that, currently, these Sunday rides are not part of the regular YOGi schedule so check on the website each week before heading to B&Q.Our Ethos
- We welcome all newcomers.
- Our bikes are in a safe to ride condition.
- We wear helmets on all road and MTB rides.
- For safety reasons any type of music ear phones will not be worn, this ensures you can hear messages about cars/obstructions/directions as passed down the line.
- We ride with front and rear lights in poor visibility and within normal lighting up hrs.
- We remain aware that we are riding under the YOGi Cycling Banner and do not behave in a manner that can harm the clubs reputation. This means following all traffic rules, riding in single file when cars are behind, and refusing to get involved in any kind of abuse with other road users, no matter what the provocation
- Caring passionately about the trails we ride
- Everyone shares our ethos and ensures YOGi Cycling is seen as an exemplary cycling club
- Everyone brings spare inner tubes and basic tools
- We do not leave anyone stranded so shout loudly if you have a mechanical/puncture we will stop and assist